Planning our life- planning our wedding- my blushing crush grows to the man in my life in only 3 ever-so-short years. Three years ago, this week- I was teaching in an English classroom, receiving a text message from my latest, and hottest, date- Neil... "Let's get together..." Valentine's evening, we laughed through dinner at the Roaring Fork, and walked outside and into a carriage ride around downtown Austin. I'd lived in Austin my entire life, but had never seen downtown from a horse-drawn carriage. He kissed me between skyscrapers and stoplights and a new perspective, a new love, had arrived.
Life flew by between now and then, the details of which I'll save for another day. And here we are feeling the complexity of the life-long commitment we are excited and also overwhelmed by. Thinking about marriage makes for a full plate and sometimes stomach pains- past, dreams, fears, loves, and a side and salad for each. Instead of getting carried away at the pre-martial buffet of questions, possibilities and harsh reality of human nature- let's get back to basics. Find our laughter, our kisses, and just enjoy the ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment