Friday, April 17, 2009

The "Mini-Honey"













My husband and I are in a world of weddings, house re-modeling and the numerous events events surrounding both... including a much anticipated arrival of our new nephew on April 20! Due to our eventful state, we are postponing the honeymoon until later this summer. So after the wedding, we took a "mini-honey." :)

Neil booked a beautiful cottage in Fredricksburg. It was just what we needed, calming, charming, comfortable and convenient! We rolled in after a lovely brunch at the Slick Rock Grill. As we sat enjoying the perfect sunny sky and cool breeze, my mimosa was interrupted by a small thump! I caught the tiniest of objects hit the glass wall behind us and then fall to the ground. Upon further inspection, I found a tiny green hummingbird had taken a wrong turn and now lay stunned on the deck floor. We watched him for a minute or two, and then I placed one small, newlywed finger in front of him. To my surprise and delight- he immediately jumped onto the gentle perch.
He sat there for several minutes to be admired by the others and gather his senses about him before flying off to a nearby tree. This lovely moment was the first of many on our mini-honey.

As tired as we were, sitting in cafes, wandering through shops, and sipping wine at wineries was the perfect order for Neil and I. The weather made for perfect comfort, the area was charming and the company was blissful. Yes, blissful- the perfect start.

No comments: