Monday, August 16, 2010

And it begins...

The summer in review...
Moving to San Antonio
Setting up House
Parties in the Pool
Rides in the Hills
Blissful Married Days
Feathering the Nest
Fixing my Broken Nose
Healing my Fixed Nose
Exploring our New City
and NOWWWWWW

Beginning my new job at UTSA!
Training and meetings have begun and I have clicked away all day at my planning for my courses I will teach to university students.
Introduction to Teaching and Learning in a Culturally Diverse Society
And
Student Teaching Supervisor
I am excited about both courses- they will certainly keep me busy in addition to my three doctoral courses. YES, they certainly will.

My goals for this semester... are very simple
1. To survive and do my best
2. To take time to meet and get to know new friends and associates
3. To Exercise 5 out of 7 days a week and eat healthy
4. To connect with one extra-curricular activity- hopefully a christian exercise group. Lord knows I don't need to eat or drink anymore than I already do! ;)
5. To write

It's been in the hundreds for the past few days and boy do I feel the heat. I am looking forward to cooler days and meeting my students.

I know the dynamic of the high school classroom, the middle school classroom and the adult classroom... but I think this will be different. A young adult classroom of students- my hope it to connect with them and support their journey into the world of education, protect their precious inspiration and foster their fresh perspective. It will be good. I can just feel it.

No comments: