Sunday, July 11, 2010

Comfort Zone


"If you put yourself in a position where you have to stretch outside your comfort zone, then you are forced to expand your consciousness."
Les Brown

I'm thinking about comfort zones today, before I get ready for nose surgery tomorrow. Remember when Maisie broke my nose?
Well, I am going to have a nose surgery to fix it. This is quite out of my comfort zone. I hate hospitals, needles, and feeling out of control. I have never been treated in a hospital, or had any sort of major medical incident in my entire life for that matter... knock on wood here. In other words- this is very new and rather scary. But- it's time I breath and sleep correctly again- so I will do what I need to do and will come out better for it.

The truth is- I hate hospitals. Every time I am there I am so riddled with anxiety, I count the seconds until I can run out. I typically don't speak of this because I feel it gives more power to a fear I am working on defeating. But today is the last day of this fear. I am going to get over this tomorrow.

It's time I expand my world to include hospitals and needles... expand trust to the professionals. ugh. I feel that I could puke at any given moment. This is all going to be worth it.

No comments: