Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Quiet Reflection


Warm July days bring precious afternoon hours to steal away from the ever-pressing, ever-growing to do list- to find instead- a deliberate quiet in the house.

Today as I sit clicking away at my keyboard, I notice the quiet all around me. The dogs lounging in the low-hanging shade of the dog run. And cats hidden in their prized closet cubbies. The summer air is heavy and warm and the breeze is frequent, cool and lovely.

Such a blessing to s l o w down for even one afternoon.
To think
To sit
To lounge
To appreciate
To reflect
To write.

I'm not sure if it's the joy of being reunited with my husband, or the comfort of a new home taking shape around us- but I know blessings have fallen like rain all around this season.
I will rest and sow these planted seeds, and
watch the new grow.

No comments: