Monday, June 20, 2011

Mahalo

After a much anticipated and appreciated trip to Maui, I find myself - de-stressed. I have more to do than I did before I left, but have had time to reflect and choose an attitude of thankfulness instead of fret and constant urgency.

Maui is beautiful. It will be a while before I can process and internalize the fullness of the experience, but diving with manta rays and sharks was awe-inspiring and revitalizing. Driving the road to Hana quieted my mind and bathed my spirit in creation. Soaring above towering waterfalls brought perspective, and walking the beaches brought balance back. Perspective makes your days, and your days make your life. I'm thankful to have been reminded of these things during this time in my journey.

the sea, the sea, the big blue sea
you calm my soul and bring peace to me
bright, alive
full of power and surprise
i will always come to you, and you will always find me
my sea, my sea, my big blue sea

Back on the mainland, I focus in on research and school work.
With a fresh perspective and uncoiled fists, I click away and read away
Here we go summer session 2011
Each day a blessing, mahalo.

No comments: