Thursday, April 7, 2011

I have turned to the dark side...

My how the time flies. I haven't been back to my beloved blog since January. I haven't left completely though. I have found a way to continue thinking about blogging... in my research. I even presented at a colloquium round table a few weeks ago on the passionate writing community of millennial women bloggers... really! I did! AND to my surprise, my audience found it relatively interesting. So, I'm growing the paper, we'll see what it turns into...

Life is so good. Busy, exciting and difficult. I feel as though I am training for a marathon, but I love it. I am growing in so many ways I couldn't possibly name them all in the short time I have to down this cup of coffee and begin my next paper which is due in approximately 2 hours. YES, I said coffee.

I have recently joined the dark side of coffee drinkers. I used to be a tea drinker who scrunched my nose in disgust at even the smell of coffee. But, somehow the combination of graduate school, the approach to my 30th birthday and remodeling my house made me pick a ^%*%$&$# cup of double shot espresso and drink it. black. That's how I like it. I have come to anticipate and appreciate my afternoon cup of coffee and the reprieve from my work. With a short white cup of black coffee in my hand, birds chirping, breezes blowing and my sweet dogs lounging on the back porch... for a few moments- all is right with the world. And I enter back into the grind, refreshed and energized for the tasks ahead.

So off I go again, but hoping to return sooner, to continue to document more frequently the moments of this dynamic life, as we know it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you will share you paper on bloggers with us!

k and c's mom said...

I've missed your posts! And, yes: the blogging community is pretty amazing. I don't know what I'd have done without it the past two years...

ErinB said...

30!! I'm turing 30 in May! When is your birthday?!