Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Update Spring 2012 Begins



I have missed my blog! Writing for the joy of writing - ahh yes.

Where do I start? The holidays were eventful to say the least and I am thrilled to say that 2011 is the last holiday season I will spend in finals. ever.

Spring 2012 begins with a vengeance and lots of news... The secret is out, although not on FB and not going to be, Neil and I are expecting our first baby. I am 19 weeks preggers and what journey it has been so far! The first trimester about did me in! I couldn't eat a thing and felt sick 24-7, especially at night. Luckily, I could get my work done in the morning and muscle through classes at night. By the grace of God, I slid through the Fall semester and don't have any desire to look back! I threw up most of my holiday dinners and ended up losing over 7 lbs in my first trimester. As the nausea declined, massive daily headaches join my routine and I really thought... I may only have one child.

Thankfully, I am feeling better by week 19 and am gearing up for Spring with my guns-a-blazing! I have to be. Three classes this semester and 2 in summer will complete my course work for the doctoral program. Hopefully, baby will let me finish finals before his arrival on or around July 4th! An independence baby born to course-work-free mama! I'll take the rest of the summer to hang with the baby and then begin my qualifying exams, on my own time, :) in the Fall. After quals, the dissertation research and writing begins. Thankfully, all this work is on my own time, leaving my schedule flexible enough to accommodate the family needs.

I will honestly admit, last semester was down right miserable, but I am refreshed and rejuvenated with new vigor to knock out the work and get this degree done as planned. I imagine my life a year from now as a part time professor and full time mama and use that joy to help me through another literature review and critical review... and before I know it I am few steps closer to my goal. :)

In the meantime, I am beyond thrilled that our little one is growing and thriving. I love talking to other mama's and have channeled my researcher's lenses on all things baby. I can't wait to start working on the baby's room. The pictures above are Charlie, 18 weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is amazing news! I hope you will continue to blog the journey but completely understand keeping it off FB. Please keep us updated with all you have going on you very busy lady!

melanieb said...

Amber! I just saw your news- twins and a new home! How wonderful! I hope you are well and I send you pregnancy grace!