Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Washington D.C. and the Cowboys vs. Redskins Game











What a cool trip! N and I surprised K for his birthday... not our great idea- his wonderful wife, E, set the whole thing up. We toured around the D.C. area, spending some at the Arlington Cemetery, Washington Monument, Lincoln Monument, and the White House, of course. The weather was perfectly FALL- cool to cold with a shower here and there... very unlike our Texas Fall weather... (it's 80 degrees F today :).


I remember hearing my mom wish to return to Virginia to see her tall trees and experience her 4 seasons... I can understand now why she loved living there... it is truly beautiful, and full of life and energy.


The Cowboys game was AWESOME! We won! Although it was bitterly cold, we were prepared with hand-warmers and adult beverages to keep us warm and happy!


I loved learning more about the dynamics of our government and world through first hand experience. I visited as a child, but this time was more meaningful. As adults, we understand how much we are invested in the world around us. I think all high school seniors should visit D.C. at the end of their senior year... for a multitude of reasons... but I'll save that for another post :)


Thank you to K, E and Lexie for hosting us! You are welcome at our house anytime!

No comments: