Neil was growing quite the beard. Between the scrapes on his face and the stitches in his head, he didn't feel much like shaving. And kissing him did feel much like kissing a porcupine. A sign of progress- Neil is returning to us. He shaved off the beard and is feeling better and better each day. I returned to work on Tuesday- it was good to be back in a somewhat familiar routine. Neil ate a chicken breast and his jaw muscle is feeling better by the day.
We did an MRI on his ankle and it looks like he won't need surgery for it. Another thing to be thankful for. Neil still needs lots of rest- and somehow be BOTH still feel tired, but everyday is better than the last and I can't ask for much more than that. My faith is strong that Neil will triumph away from this experience- stronger and better than ever before in his life. That was our prayer when we found the hematoma and it is still our prayer.
I've made 2 books on blurb.com - I love that site. I calculated that it's actually more cost efficient to make a book than it is to develop all the prints! Neil drifts in and out of sleep and I click away creating lovely picture books of memories in the tender silence that is our home. Although, the welcome noise is slowly beginning to return... and it's tall, dark, and clean shaven.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Melanie:
I just heard from your mom about Neil's accident/surgery etc. Glad to hear he is home and resting. (And that you are resting, too.) Prayers for you both.
Post a Comment