Neil tells, the doctor- also the best neurosurgeon in the Austin area- and our hero- "I am ready to go home. I want to go home." He says, "Okay." These magic words actually brought a smile to my husbands face- something I have not seen in over a week. That smile was champagne to my soul. My head could have popped off right there.
Sallie and I created a plan to move all of the hospital gear and Neil down and out of the hospital in record time. In only 3 short loads we were all home safely. I had vacuumed and dusted already so the house was allergen-free when Neil arrived. He can't get congested or do anything else for that matter that could cause inter-cranial pressure.
Sallie helped us get some of the supplements and prescriptions we needed. I helped Neil shower and change out of his hospital clothes. As the rain began to fall- I felt another wave of thankfulness wash over us. Thankful to be home. Thankful to have rain. Thankful to have Neil alive and on his way to recovery.
Today is a quiet day. Minimal noise, lots of soup, shakes and other non-chewable foods. Neil is in good spirits. He is icing his head several times a day in an effort to relieve the swelling. He has kept all his meals down today. Noise and stimulation is a little too much to handle for now- so tired out pups- thanks to Barb and Steve- and sweet kittens are enough company for this day.
Neil slept most of the night, he woke every two hours to move around - helps the dizziness, and drink water. I slept like a log... didn't hear a thing all night. Our bed was a welcome sight for sore eyes after a week of pseudo-sleeping in the hospital.
We will continue to be quiet and rest today. Watching TV with no volume and eating soup. I am becoming a very good nurse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment