Thursday, September 24, 2009

Flues Blues

The flu is a terrible doozy. Yes, I got it on Friday and am beginning to feel better today. I'm back at work, starting to come out of my flues blues. Why does everything seem so bleak after 5 days of the flu?

I call it the Flues Blues - brought on by - nausea, sore throat, congestion, aches, fevers, vomiting, loss of appetite, and fatigue. I read more than 50% of Americans will have had the flu by the end of flu season. The hospitals have set up tents in the parking lots. The local new channels are covering the flu shot lines in the evening news. 127 students went home sick yesterday from my local high school. So, I hope people are able to keep their chins up and realize the the flu will eventually end and the sun will shine on them again.

In the meantime- here are my flu remedies:
Sambugaurd - a bottle a day - found at Whole Foods
Throat Coat Tea - for sore throats
Cold Remedy Tea - for the congestion
Oscillum - homeopathic flu medicine
Soup
Ice packs for aches
Vaporizer with eucalyptus for congestion
Kittens and pups for cheer
A wonderful hubby for support.

Thankfully- I think I am starting to see the end of the flu and the beginning of what might be energy and health. Stay Healthy!

No comments: