Thursday, December 31, 2009

Looking back on 2009

WOW! What a year is all I can say! So many life-changing events...
On this tired Thursday, I wonder to myself why I am not more motivated to get moving and get ready for our New Year's Eve party tonight... And then I realize why... I am tired after such an amazing, eventful, and intense 2009.

Some of the most memorable events of 2009...
1. Neil and I got married!
2. Amar and Emiea got married!
3. Missy and Kevin got married!
4. Holly and Mike got married!
5. Baby Andre was born!
6. Posey and Philly joined our family.
7. Abby joined B & S's family.
8. I got a new job!
9. We re-modeled our master bedroom and bathroom.
10. We painted our house.
11. Lindsey and Clayton got pregnant!
12. Zach got a new job!
13. My dad started a new business!
14. Neil survived a major injury and surgery!
15. We installed an alarm system in our house.
16. We got a new car.
17. Miranda and Adam got engaged!
18. I did 3 pull-ups for the first time in my life.
19. Monique got a new job.
20. I took a more active role in the Central Texas Writing Project.
21. Michele bought her first house.
22. Alex and Brandon bought their first house.
23. Nichole and Matt bought their first house.

What a wonderful life we live. Last year's word was grow. And BOY did I ever grow in 2009! So many events to stretch and grow me as a woman, wife, sister, daughter, leader and in-law...

As I grew into unfamiliar roles and circumstances- I was reminded that even though our own carefully designed plans may be laid - we never know what's around the next corner of life. We're not supposed to. If we did, there would be no need for one of the most important parts of becoming the person we are meant to be- the ability to walk in faith. We grow into faith for a purpose- seen or unseen. We are part of something bigger than we could ever manifest on our own.

In 2010, I will lean on faith, live in faith, talk in faith and THINK in faith.

I will have faith that our Lord will guide our steps each day, each week, each month into another perfectly made- wildest-dream-surpassing- year of life.

Happy New Year!

No comments: