Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was a busy day. Neil and I woke bright and early, well Neil woke bright and early. I prefer to draw a sleepy morning out as long as possible at every given opportunity- which seem fewer and fewer with each passing month.

Neil had a fire in him to clean out our boxes piled high garage. For my car to park in there? NO- the cart was coming to it's new home- from the race track- to our garage. Nevertheless- we were up and at 'em- piling boxes into the truck to haul off to an undisclosed dumpster. Then came the old water heater from the backyard, the old baseboards the workers didn't clean up, paint cans, a folding gazebo screen and more, much, much, much, more.

After all that hard work- it was time to prepare a lovey dinner for my and Neil's mother's. I planned a special menu:
Mexican Style Tilapia
Oregano Cheesy Potatoes
Savory Beets
Organic Spinach Salad
Lemon Berry Cheesecake

Sallie brought the awesome wine and margaritas. Steve and Barbara brought the homemade salsa and pico de gallo. Dinner was served on heirloom china and silver, drinks in new Waterford crystal. Many meals had been served by mothers, grandmothers, and great grand mothers and great great grandmothers on those dishes and silver. From the place settings, to the entrees to the drinks- it was delicious!

I am thankful to have such lovely ladies in my life and planned very carefully to make sure they felt special and appreciated. There really are not words enough for a child to tell their mother just how much they love them and appreciate them. So I've found simple, heartfelt expressions to be the best. They each left with a jasmine yankee candle and these simple words- Thank you for helping to make our house a home. We love you.

No comments: