Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Class Freak Out

Butterflies in my stomach... sweaty palms at 10:30 p.m.
The work sprawls out before me like snow on in the artic
Literature reviews, reflection papers, statistical problem sets, reading endless articles and the looming dissertation question that is due tomorrow...
I had a great job and a great pay check... why did I do this?
The questioning continues: can I do this? can I pull this off? do I even want to do this? why would anyone want to put themselves through this? whose idea was this anyway? how can anyone live a balanced life and do this? why do they give you this much work? is there a meaning to all this work that no one really cares about at the end of the day?
I
A M
F R E A K I N G
O U T !

No comments: