Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dr. Lou Dr. Lou!

If you know me well, very, very, very, well, or perhaps you are keen to my allusions and occasional attributions to Dr. Lou on this blog... you will pick up this little known fact about me... I consider Dr. Lou Holtz to be my long lost grandfather. I love him.

If you do not know who Dr. Lou is- I insist you look him up. Seriously- you should do it. Listen to one of his speeches and you suddenly feel better and more motivated to go get 'em.

Today, around 8:30 p.m. I arrived home after a long day of work and school. Still in my work clothes, I kicked of my slip on "teacher shoes" at the door, and I hear a voice that could only belong to one person. Quickly, my head whipped around -
"Dr. Lou!" I shouted!
"Do you want me to rewind it?" asked Neil, already rewinding.
I jump on the couch to hear my guru speak after such a long hiatus between this football season and last.
"Don't listen to the negative thinkers." says Lou, "There will always be someone who says, 'We could never to put a man on the moon.'One hundred years ago, the patents office thought they should close their doors because everything good had already been invented. Don't listen to these negative thinkers. If you want something to happen, the key is to believe. You have to BELIEVE to accomplish your goals."

Well said, Dr. Lou, well said.

No comments: