Friday, October 29, 2010

Hallowork

I do love Halloween- the creative costumes, false eyelashes and glitter. A suprise around every corner. What a great celebration of creativity and fantasy each year. Last year, Neil and I were Luchadors (mexican wrestlers). It was great.... but this year...

This year is a little different. This Halloween season is a season of work. Work fills the cool crisp air... work falls like acorns onto the hood of my car. Work percolates from the many slow-cooker recipes of work. And in order to stay on top of work, this weekend will be filled with work and handing out candy at the door to neighborhood kiddos we look forward to meeting for the first time.

Ah, work. How do I love and hate thee?
You fill up my life and take over my life.
You stimulate my brain and fry my brain.
You and your partner in crime- procrastination, have about done me in for good.
But, I will defeat you yet.
It's me, you, a multi-modal social justice project, a literature review, half a semester of grading and mini-snickers bars.
Here we go!

No comments: