Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thankful Heart Thankful Start


Lately, I have been trying to say a prayer of thanksgiving at the exact second I wake up... as the very first thing I do or think in the morning.

(Confession: I hate waking up early, and I am not a morning person. One of my favorite and most self-indulgent luxuries is sleeping late.)

So, I decided to pray before I could think in the wee hours of the morning. Most of the time my prayers sound like a child's prayer... Thank you for my family. Thank you for my home. Thank you for my job. Thank you for my animals. Thank you for my health.

Last night's devotion was about trials, difficult times, and stressful times. These situations help/force us to grow and understand what true faith is all about. In other words- through trials- we find truth and faith. So this morning- I was thankful for the trying times and the anxiety that accompanies them. (Confession: A small part of me did not want to say thanks because I was afraid God would give me more trails and anxiety to deal with.) Then I remembered I am only human- I continued my prayer of Thanksgiving and all iotas of fears subsided.

Thank You for the trails in my life. Thank you for revealing truth and faith to me. Please allow me to use these truths for Your glory. I can overcome because You are my strength. This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:2-3

Image created in Wordle

No comments: