Monday, January 25, 2010

Triathlete Update


I am still an baby triathlete. Last week I did:

Monday - 2 Mile Outdoor Run with Alex
Thursday - 1 attempted town lake run with Michele (We tried to meet during rush hour traffic. We got too frustrated that by the time we arrived through the mess of cars. We decided we were too hungry to run after a long day of work. We went to Whole Foods instead and bought a bottle of wine after a free tasting and an athlete-friendly portobella mushroom rice bowl. The girltalk was a much needed work out for my heart.)
Saturday - 6 miles on level 2 of the stationary bike, 15 Laps in the pool, 15 minutes of shooting drills with Neil, 20 of Neil's super-hard sit-ups

So, last week was 2 days of exercise. My goal is to do 3 days of exercise this week. It's okay to start small... I will get to that finish line. If I change my thinking, I will change my actions. I know I can do it!

Thought for the day:
"All things are created twice. There's a mental or first creation, and a physical or second creation of all things. You have to make sure that the blueprint, the first creation, is really what you want, that you've thought everything through. Then you put it into bricks and mortar. Each day you go to the construction shed and pull out the blueprint to get marching orders for the day. You begin with the end in mind." - Stephen Covey

Image: http://www.ricksenley.com/index/countymayo

No comments: