Monday, March 22, 2010

Ask


I left church thinking about one word : ask.
There are many places in the Bible and circumstances in life that connect to that concept.
What do we ask of each other?
What do we ask of God?
What does God ask of us?

We ask for God's guidance and favor.
God asks us to trust Him and do what is asked of us.

Sometimes, God asks us to do things we do not understand, or to act in blind faith.
In these times, our emotions can rise up and create noise in our hearts and minds.
When I am able to clear out the noise, I can focus on my faith and finding the understanding of truly trusting God. This faithful trust is quite different that the comfy, everyday I say I'm faith-filled so I am kind of faith. That is the "review sheet faith." (The easy, worry-free faith.) I'm talking about the "testing day faith." (This is the... I don't know what's coming at me faith... The 'what if' faith).

I will not listen to the 'what if' noise. Look at my Father's track record... He has never failed me. In fact, my Father's will for me far surpasses anything I can imagine.
The sooner I get out of his way- the sooner He will bring glory to my day.

May my thoughts be faithful, pure and still.
May I see Your glory everywhere.
May I do with gladness what You ask of me.
May I bring You honor and shine bright with your joy.

Matt. 7:7-11
7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. 9 Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

No comments: