
If you know, or do not know - Neil and I are in a very BUSY season of life. Our current circumstances require a very tight time-line of tasks and deadlines to complete them. In other words, this is the busiest we have ever been... ever. I thought the holidays would take the cake... but they only set the tone for this Winter season!
I'm pleased to see myself rise to the occasion, and Neil- he has blown me away with his ability to balance his commute and schedule. Last night, (after work) I scraped, puttied, kiltzed and painted the shelves and cabinet in our guest bathroom. With my dad's help- I unloaded 30 bags of Happi-Grow mulch and supervised a truck dump 9 yards of crushed granite into my drive-way.
Since there was a hill of beans and a hill of bark in my driveway, Neil and I had to park differently... which leads me to the confession of the dumbest thing I have ever done...
This morning, on day 10 of my sub-par sickly fog, I hit Neil's car with my car. That's right. I damaged not one, but TWO of our vehicles... in 5 seconds flat.
"*(&^*&$%$&%$!!!"
"Neil?"
"What's up?"
"I hit your car with my car."
"Are you kidding?"
"Nope."
"What the *(&^*&$%&%#$&%?!"
"I know."
"Well, now we both drive hoopties. Love you, have a good day."
"Love you too. You too."
Let me put it this way... I didn't need to buy breakfast, since I was full from an early morning helping of humble pie and $#!% stew! ;)
As Forrest Gump would say:
"Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get."
No comments:
Post a Comment