
I woke up this morning with an empty cup.
So what do we do with an empty cup?
We filllllllllllllllllllllllll it up!
Today I realized that my priorities are out of order.
Preparing for upcoming events consumed all of my time and energy.
I allowed myself to work more than I was resting.
Deadlines dictated my days.
I put the 'to do lists' in front of healing my sick body, my relationships and everything else. Yesterday, I actually said to someone, "If I can just get to June, I will be able to rest then."
This will not do.
So today I claim an adjustment in my thinking and actions.
The Lord wants us to keep our priorities in order no matter what is on our plate.
I will fill up my cup with His truth and promises.
Even as I think this, His love and grace falls upon my restless heart.
I will embrace peace, love and grace instead of self-perceived chaos and stress.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30
Music to my soul...If you'd like to listen click here.
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus Words and Music by Helen H. Lemmel 1922Image from: http://www.evadesigns.com/pics/sontu_tea_cup.jpg
O soul are you waery and troubled?
No light in the darkenss you see?
There's a light for a look at the Savior,
And a life more abundant and free.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment