Thursday, May 20, 2010

"It's not the load that breaks you down - its the way you carry it."


Thanks, Lou.

Confession: Historically, I have had quite the meltdown every time I move. There's something about the masses of boxes full of stuff, and multitude of areas to clean, and oh my aching back! and gasp my empty pocketbook... that just sends me boo-hooing right over the edge.

I have decided that I will overcome this meltdown trigger. This whole orchestra of events has played out so amazingly- from finding a house, to finding a job/school and transitioning. I will choose to have faith that all of this moving will happen just as smoothly. I will not let my own teetering emotions get in the way, or turn an exciting thing into a stressful thing. If I am growing and simplifying... if will do me (or anybody else for that matter) no good to fall to pieces over a nest in disarray. I will not allow anxiety to steel my joy... even if that joy exists in the middle of a big fat mess.

Here's to minimal messes and minimal meltdowns ;)

No comments: