Friday, May 21, 2010

Moving 1 : Melanie 0

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

There is a song that I used to sing as a kid- the lyrics were:
"I am a promise. I am a possibility. I am a promise, with a capitol P!"
"And I am learning to hear God's voice, and I am trying to make the right choices
I'm a promise to be, anything God wants me to be"

These sweet lyrics come to mind today as I humbly scoop myself back up after a disappointing night. When we are disillusioned in ourselves we can be comforted by the promise that we are a work in progress. Even when we blow it- there is still good in us because there is God within us.
We don't give up, or beat ourselves up- we recognize that the possibility to grow has arrived and seize the opportunity to overcome a new challenge through the strength and discernment of the Lord.

I am fragile, but God's promises are strong.
I am unsure, but the possibility of good work in me will never be extinguished.
I am NOT perfect.
I am a promise.
I am a possibility.

No comments: