Monday, May 24, 2010

Mavelous Monday

There is never a bad time to count your blessings!

Monday is marvelous because...

1. My parents helped me pack up my 27ft moving truck and drive it to our new house... in true Burgie style, we muscled it out all in one evening... arriving in San Antonio at about midnight.

2. My amazing husband unloaded the truck all by himself, while his brain-fried wife ran errands back in Austin and the Kyle... forgetting one very important item... my bed for the weekend!

3. I am baby-sitting Lucy, one sweet, old black lab. She is precious and loving. She sticks by my side like glue wherever I go. Somehow, she has been an unexpected security blanket of sweetness and wisdom around me over a fragile weekend. I don't care what anyone says, Labs are the best dogs in the world. :)

4. We are in the very LAST week of school! Wah-HOO! It is rather bitter-sweet. Just as I have laid the groundwork for a bright future in my new school- I am leaving for the next frontier. Never have I worked in a school filled with so much experience and wisdom. Despite the older buildings- this place rings with energy and love, yes, I said it- love. The teachers here love each other and love these rascal kids too. I am hesitant to say any other campus will ever match the care and wisdom here. It's almost penetrable.

5. I have the week to prepare for summer training and clean house.

6. Went for a ride with Neil yesterday at the new frontier- scenic routes bursting with HiLls! Triathlon is only 7 days away!

7. Facing the day with optimism and confidence. Don't sweat the small stuff!

No comments: