
Yesterday Alex and I met with our new trainer. He has finished many races including an ironman (which is ca-ca-ca-caRAzy)! The point being he helped us out with our first open water swim in the lake. Mind you it is warm in our part of Texas, but not THAT warm. In the spirit of ripping off the band-aide I plunged in from the deck... OH MY GOSH was it breath-takingly cold. Instantly, my heart raced a mile a minute and I think I was making some strange shoutish sounds like, "Oh! AH! EEHH! OOO! It's COLD! I can't breath! Why is everybody but me in a wetsuit!?!"
"Start swimming!" they shouted to me.
And swim I did! I'm not sure if it was the freezing water temperature or the intimidating fact that I could not see a foot in front of me in the murky green water- but as I finished my trainer declared that he was quite impressed with my speed.
Thennnnn, Alex and I practiced our technique in the pool, thennnnnn we headed to Town Lake for a run. We managed 2 miles and then called it quits for dinner time at Whole Foods. It was a great baby step in my journey to becoming a triathlete... or at least a triathlon completer. :)
I KNOW I CAN I KNOW I CAN I KNOW I CAN!
1 comment:
I know you can, too!
Post a Comment