
Well, I just cannot hold it in anymore!
The BIG NEWS is out!
Neil and I are moving to San Antonio!
We bought a house last week and I received my acceptance letter to begin my Ph.D. this morning!
Neil and I have been prayerfully house-hunting since October. It was around then that Neil came to the old, but true adage- 'If you want something done right, you need to do it yourself.'
Neil wanted to run the San Antonio clinic himself. We believed that the path for our future would be revealed to us in perfect timing. Neil dealt with a brutal work commute. I dealt with an empty house. We researched communities, school districts, and life possibilities with the hope that doors would be opened or shut accordingly.
Along the journey- I decided that I would like to get my Ph.D. I had been thinking about this for a while- but all of the sudden the timing seemed perfect. UTSA was only minutes away from Neil's clinic and the campus is brand new and beautiful. The university is about the same size as TxState's which makes for a phenomenal learning environment. In the meantime, I began the application process, the interview process and then back to the waiting game.
Last week, I hoped in the car after a run and found this text from Neil, 'We just put an offer on a house!' Neil knew what I would like and jumped on a great deal. Our bid was the best and we got the house! The next day, I got to see it. Would you trust your significant other to buy a house before you saw it? Neil did a great job- I didn't find an ounce of worry- only excitement to see what would be our new home in our new city.
And this morning- I received an e-mail from UTSA. I am officially admitted and will begin as a full time Ph.D student next Fall.
The pieces are coming together in a beautiful way. The chapter of our first year of marriage was certainly full of unexpected events, twists and turns. The Heavenly Author writes His masterpiece- and I strive to grasp it's message.
I know I am not in control.
I know we can face anything together.
I know it is good.
Today is a day of praise and celebration in our house.
Glory and joy abound! Praise Him, Praise Him!
Glory and joy abound! Praise Him, Praise Him!
"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests." Luke 2:14
2 comments:
WOW! That is a lot of great news in one place, Mel! Congratulations on all of it. God is faithful.
YAY!! How wonderful!!! Kenny and I are so excited for yall, this is going to be fantastic. YAY!!
Post a Comment