Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I know I can I know I can I know I can!


Do you remember the story of the little engine that could?

Lately, I have been very attracted to simple lessons and messages of truth.

In this children's story, a little train engine decides to climb a mountain. This charming story teaches children that's is good to be brave, to try hard, to believe that you can do it. If you keep trying, you will achieve your goal.

As adults we may look at the goals of a child as easy to achieve, but this is only from our perspective. As adults, we may see our goals as difficult or impossible to achieve. Maybe a goal feels like climbing a mountain- each step is a little scary and movement is a struggle.

No matter what happens, or how difficult a goal gets- we must stay focused and keep trying. Never give up! Achieving my goal begins with me, my thinking, my FAITH that I can find victory through that struggle.

Sometimes I feel like the little engine that thought I could but then I didn't... like a little train sliding backwards down a mountain, the guilt and shame pile on top of my head which makes me feel like a failure. But this feeling is false, and I tell you what I tell myself- dump that toxic cargo!

God promises us:
"I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me." ALL things, that means any mountain and any goal. Through Christ, we have more that the little engine that thought he could!
We do not have to say... I think I can I think I can...
We can say... I KNOW I CAN I KNOW I CAN! I know I can because it is Christ who strengthens me!

Lord, thank You for giving me the strength to KNOW I can do all things through You!
Thank you for a new day! Thank you for mountains and truth.
Glory to God in the highest! The King of Kings reigns in my heart!

No comments: