Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dogs Days of Winter


I am so glad my garden will be looking good. I am so glad the lakes are filling up. A week of rain has quenched our thirsty central Texas.

However, my dogs have had enough of it. And, I have had it with them. My mother-in-law says, "Your dogs prepare you for your children." (She's had both, so I believe her.) That being said, I am in trouble! My tenacious, un-phasible Maisie, relentlessly begs to go outside. She is oblivious to the ice cold rain and frolics and sprints around like she just won the doggie lottery of bacon treats. She is bored to pieces with the back yard, so she effortlessly clears the fence to explore the front yard. I just can't get a bit of rest. NO Maisie! COME Maisie! Don't eat the piece of paper Maisie! Oh! You pooped in the neighbor's yard in the pouring rain... great! Let me go inside, wipe muddy paws and find a baggie, an umbrella, a coat and my shoes, re-find your poop and pick it up with my precariously baggied hand while I hold the umbrella and try to keep my coat off the soggy ground.

And as I finally arrive back inside, remove my wet shoes, coat and umbrella. I navigate through the garage to the trash to dump the poo. I finally get back to the task at hand... I suddenly feel a wet nose poking me. It's a little black dog... who's tired of being cooped up inside all week.

I can't say I blame her; the poor girl needs to burn off her energy. But, please Mother Nature, enough with the rain! I'm tired of chasing my furry child around in it! If this is birth control... it's working! ;)

No comments: