
Last night I ran 1.5 miles on my own! Although I was tired from a long day at work, I herded my dogs in my car, dropped 57 shirts at the dry cleaners (really 57 and he still has plenty more) and headed to my new favorite running spot- quarry lake.
On my way, I passed the sad IRS building. Yesterday afternoon an angry and loony man set his house on fire and then jumped in his plane and sent himself to his fiery grave in the side of the IRS building on 183 and 360. Just yards away from my childhood church campus, blocks away from my house. Said man was mad at the government and at the IRS... big brother had screwed him, so to speak. He published six pages of reasoning on the internet which culminated the fact that he has exhausted all other avenues of trying to send a message to the government and now suicidal violence was the only way he could see. Thankfully, no one else was fatally injured. I was saddened to be slapped in the face by the gray and ugly parts of this world.
As I ran around the lake at sunset, the colors reflected in the water, and I pushed myself to keep running even though I was tired out and a deflated after such a terrible ordeal. My dogs took turns running the laps with me- thrilled to bits to run in a new interesting spot. The vibrant colors of dusk and the smiling, panting faces of my dogs reminded me that beauty exists and prevails in spite of sadness and evil. I have to choose what I will dwell upon.
Psalm 37:7 (New Living Translation)
7 Be still in the presence of the Lord,
and wait patiently for him to act.
Don’t worry about evil people who prosper
or fret about their wicked schemes.
Image: Quarry Lake farm4.static.flickr.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment