Thursday, February 25, 2010

At least you have your health...


Has anyone ever said that to you?

Well, when someone says this to you... you are usually complaining about something ill-fortuned thing that has happened to you. And in that moment... you think to yourself, "Yes, I have my health, but I am still very upset about this other dreadful happening!"

Well there is nothing like actually being sick to straiten you out and remind you that your health really is the most important thing to a happy daily life. And when I say you I mean me. This week I have been sick, and working none-the-less. I have decided to use the vacation days I have left to do some advocating for federally grant funded educational programs in Washington DC- so I cannot miss anymore days. So here I am sitting at work. My head feels like a beef and vegetable stew that has sat in the refrigerator for 3 days too many. My throat feels like an airline runway and my body feels like it did three rounds of ultimate cage fighting last night. When you are sick, it feels like a big black cloud has landed on you and you just can't see the light through the fog.

Tomorrow is a very important day for me. Hopefully I will feel better by then. I'm loading up on Vitamin C, Sambucus, and Water. Heartfelt reminder: Take good care of the body, without your health- life can feel pretty disheartening. There's nothing like a cold hard dose of the sicky-ickies to put things in perspective. Over the past few weeks, I have slacked off on vitamins and increased my activities. So, beginning this week- my daily vitamins and supplements will take their rightful place in my daily priorities... like the top. ;)

1 comment:

ErinB said...

Hey! So are you still coming out here in early April? Is Neil coming too? If you only have time for work, perhaps we can meet for dinner one night, we'd really love to see you (and Neil if he ventures out too). :)