Thursday, February 4, 2010

Life the Balancing Act: Take 2!


Even though we balance our schedules and trod along to the beat of our daily drums... life is sliding by. I am rudely aware of new wrinkles and curves as my own body reminds me that TIME is, in fact, passing. Our days ARE our lives. So, if we are to enjoy our lives, we must enjoy our days. We must choose to align our priorities in such a way that we are able to find joy and happiness in the midst of daily tasks and chores. So, part of my current quest is to trade one mind-set for another.

Out with the OLD mind-set:
"I'll work hard now, so I can enjoy later. I'm livin' for the weekend!"

In with a NEW mind-set:
"Enjoy working hard. I'm livin' for the moment!"


Here are my latest tips for increasing daily joy:
Smile at people as soon as you see them, even if you don't feel like it.

Take short breaks when you feel tense, even if they are only one minute long.

Exercise in some way as much as possible, even if it is only 10 minutes in your living room.

Set aside a task that can wait and reward yourself or a loved one with a simple pleasure.
Simplify, Simplify, Simplify.
Say, "Joy is a gift. I will gladly receive it."

No comments: