
Love and Marriage... Love and marriage... Fit together like a horse and carriage...
FOUR years ago we were falling in love on a carriage ride through down town Austin. It was our second date.
FOUR years later, we are married and are working like the horse pulling the carriage!
We spent Valentine's Day working in Houston. With each passing hour, I adored my husband more and more. His work ethic, creativity, generosity, vision and brilliance make him my inspiration and joy. After a long day, we drove home in the 40 mph winds of a cold front.
I prodded him, "Will you be my valentine?"
He replied like a true wise-cracker, "I have to be. I am contractually obligated to be your valentine for life!"
"Haha!" We laughed. We looked out to the horizon as we drove home like tired zombies. We held hands and sang to the music of Frank Sinatra. Love made a day of work into a day of vision and promise.
We arrived home with our dogs; they hit the hay after a play-filled weekend. The kitties were waiting patiently for us in their cozy media room spot. Neil and I ate pizza, drank wine and watched half a movie before our eyes began to close. I treasure the sense of reward gained from working alongside Neil, and the joy I find from simply spending time together in our home. He is my dear Valentine... both contractually and chosen.
No comments:
Post a Comment